After ranking the best Italian, French and Arab restaurants in Jakarta, I have a much easier task listing German and Dutch food in Jakarta. Let me know if I forgot one, but the only ones I can think of are:
- Paulaner Brauhaus (click to read my review)
- Die Stube (click to read my review)
- Imbiss Stube (Cilandak Town Square) - Same owner as Die Stube, Patrick Widjaja, born and raised in Germany.
- Metro Sky Garden, owned by Andreas Stokowy, from Germany.
- Ya Udah (click to read my review), owned by a Swiss from Zurich
- The Tavern in Aryaduta Hotel
I've only tried Die Stube, Ya Udah and Paulaner. Among those three, Die Stube seemed like the best, followed by Paulaner (which is too expensive) and at last Ya Udah (which I recommend because it is affordable).
To complete this review, and even though the food is different, I'm also listing some restaurants serving Dutch food:
- H.E.M.A. (various branches in Jakarta)
- Dijan's Pannekoeken & Poffertjes, famous for its desserts, on Jl. Kemang Selatan, no. 102A, Kemang, Tel 021 7179 3538
- The new De Mingle on Jl. Raya Pejuangan.